Power Dynamic Paper Guidelines Purpose The purpose of this application is to provide the student an.
Power Dynamic Paper Guidelines
The purpose of this application is to provide the student an opportunity to critically appraise a selected power dynamic (demonstrating the application of legitimate or illegitimate power) affecting a potential health policy outcome.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 3: Explore the impact of selected socioeconomic/sociopolitical factors on the status of U.S. healthcare (PO #9).
CO 4: Determine the effect of healthcare politics on the healthcare stakeholders, state and federal government, and the nursing profession (PO #9).
CO 5: Analyze legislative process and the impact of special interest lobbies (PO #9).
CO 7: Differentiate driving forces and restraining factors that impact the power of nursing to advocate for change at macro and micro system levels of healthcare (PO #2).
CO 8: Critically appraise the impact of regulatory organizations on healthcare delivery (PO #9).
This assignment is worth a total of 175 points.
Submit your completed application by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT of Week 6 as directed.
1. To complete this assignment, you will need to access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute. You may access these databases through the Chamberlain College of Nursing Online Library. For information on search techniques using the EBSCOhost, go to the Course Resources tab at the top of the page and view the following document:
Directions for Searching the CCN Online Library.pdf, basic and advanced techniques.
2. The Power Analysis paper is worth 175 points and will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions, grading criteria, and rubric.
3. Create your manuscript using Microsoft Word (a part of Microsoft Office), which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in .docx.
4. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this paper should be directed to the course faculty.
5. The length of the paper is to be no less than six and no greater than eight pages excluding title page and reference pages.
6. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered).
a. Introduction (Conforming to appropriate APA formatting guidelines)
b. Description of the Power Dynamic
c. Reflection on the Power Dynamic
Preparing the Paper
The following are best practices for preparing this paper.
1. When introducing the power dynamic, be sure to identify appropriate background information regarding the practice situation (who, what, where, when, and why).
2. When describing the power dynamic, be sure to fully describe the potential impacts of legitimate and illegitimate power from the perspectives of sociopolitical factors, stakeholders, and interested parties.
3. When reflecting on the power dynamic, be sure to fully critique driving forces and restraining factors that impact the power of nursing to advocate for change at macro, meso, and micro system levels of healthcare.